Friday 27 May 2011

Chinese tea

I'm not a big green tea fan, the flavour is generally unremarkable so I don't go out of my way to try Chinese teas. And in addition, I've been avoiding caffeine for the past couple of months. Because of this I've been drinking western herbal teas, like peppermint, or the most excellent rosehip. My coworker noticed this and has been offering me samples of his teas.

This was chrysanthemum and goji berries. You can see below, that he buys it in bulk.

2011-05-10 - Work - 01 - Coworker tea ingredients

Bung some in the cup - but not really that much.

2011-05-10 - Work - 02 - Tea cup without water

Add water.

2011-05-10 - Work - 03 - Tea cup with water

And it wasn't too bad. I'm not sure how you are supposed to drink it without all the bits getting in your mouth. But clearly the Chinese have mastered it.. or more likely gotten used to spitting them back into the cup, as they don't bother with all that teabag shenanigans when they do this. I'd seriously consider working out some blends I like and doing this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment