Thursday 7 December 2006

Python for the Nintendo DS revisited

Around a year has passed since I ported Python to the Nintendo DS and occasionally I get an email asking about it. A few asked whether there was any support for the DS' hardware. Others asked about whether it could handle other things (which would also require hardware support). And at one point someone was planning to do the work themselves to add that hardware support.

I knew I would never have the time to work on the support needed for the port of Python to be of any real use. For me, the work involved in porting it and getting it working as much as it does was the interesting part, especially given that it was Stackless Python which was ported. And it looks like it is unlikely to ever see the extra work it needs to make it usable.

No comments:

Post a Comment