Tuesday 16 September 2014

Green Manure

I bought a bag of green manure seeds at a local store, and while I intended to plant them out, the problem is that I'd need to clear grass to do so. But I did manage to scatter some around a French Sugar fig seedling I planted, and to fence it off enough to prevent the chickens from getting in. They can easily fly over netting this high, but I suspect the limited area prevents them from doing so.

An earlier picture.

Fig, French Sugar - 01 - 2014-05-28 - Green Manure

Two and a half months later.

Fig, French Sugar - 01 - 2014-08-13 - Green Manure

The growth should start taking off now it's spring. I think the mix is lupins, and some other nitrogen fixing plants. I'll probably scatter in some bee attracting flowers and just let it all grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment