Friday 19 June 2015

Organic Apple Cider Vinegar

I gathered road side apples and juiced them this year, then put the juice in two containers in the hot water cupboard.

The first batch I added the remnants of a Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar with Mother bottle to it.  It went straight to alcohol, and seems to still be alcohol.  I guess it is probably apple cider now.

The second batch (pictured below) was just apple juice.  Unfortunately, I didn't keep an eye on it, and while it quickly turned to vinegar, the mother went moldy.  As I understand it, as long as you remove the mold while it's still white on fermented products, it's supposed to be safe.

What to do with this?  It looks quite good, and similar to the Bragg's vinegar.


One use I've seen recommended for it, is to water the citrus or blueberries with, as both like an slightly more acid soil.

No comments:

Post a Comment