Sunday 8 April 2007

Banana Cake

Having had some sort of success with the coffee cake and my diet not being followed too well, I was inspired to try and bake a banana cake. The first step was to buy some bananas and let them ripen. Once the bananas were looking kind of ripe on my fruit and veggie table *cough* I felt obligated to actually step up and bake the cake. This is how it turned out:

2007-04-05 Banana Cake


Light, well risen. I would call it a success.

However it didn't taste particularly special. It wasn't bad, just lacking something which took it beyond un-iced cake and into delicious snack territory. So I iced it with chocolate icing. And it tasted better, but I think I could do better. Next time I would probably go with a lemon butter icing. Or a chocolate icing made with something more chocolatey tasting than icing sugar and cocoa powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment