Sunday 8 April 2007

Banana Loaf

After being well pleased by how the banana cake turned out, I felt like a loaf would be more satisfying eating. As it happened my cookbook of choice, a stained and soiled copy of the Edmonds cookbook, had a recipe which claimed to a banana loaf. And also as it happened I had several more bananas which were stinking up my apartment more every day.

This is the result, or what is left of it:

2007-04-07 Banana Loaf


At first I tore off chunks and was kind of dissatisfied by them. I had two thoughts as to what to do with the loaf. If I were making it again, I would put in raisins and broken up walnuts and make something with a deeper taste. Or I could treat it like a pudding sponge and sprinkle raisins and cinnamon over it, then soak it in milk. Since only the latter was a practical suggestion, I went with that. It was so good that I had two servings. And then I remembered to take that picture..

Since the banana flavour in the banana cake was not as strong as I would have liked, I went with more bananas than the recipe required and left them chunky. Which should explain the slimey look the loaf has in the picture :-)

If I am going to do a better job of food blogging, I need to be a bit more proactive about taking pictures. I was too slack about getting one of the iced banana cake and also here with the loaf as a sponge dessert. Like my high school reports said, "Must try harder."

No comments:

Post a Comment