Friday 4 February 2011

New Year junk food

Came back to the hotel room and found these things on the table. Two large mandarin things, an envelope with some faux-colate coins and a box containing a rice cake.

2011-02-02 - Hotel New Year gift - 01 - Table stack

Individual packages for mandarin things, sweet.

2011-02-02 - Hotel New Year gift - 06 - Individually packaged mandarin thing

The problem with chocolate in China, is that it often tastes nothing of actual chocolate. In this case, eating these faux-colate coins reminds me of dirt. I have no idea why I ate them both :-)

2011-02-02 - Hotel New Year gift - 02 - Coin candy

This isn't some soft pudding. It is a heavy solid brown lump. I have no idea what it is, but I hope it doesn't taste as innocuous as many other things do to my western palette.

2011-02-02 - Hotel New Year gift - 07 - Rice cake box

This should illustrate how solid it is. I could drop this out the window, and have it land on a car leaving a fair dent.

2011-02-02 - Hotel New Year gift - 04 - Solid rice thing

Here's the cooking instructions. There's a variety of ways in which it can be prepared.

2011-02-02 - Hotel New Year gift - 05 - Solid rice thing cooking instructions

No comments:

Post a Comment