Friday 13 September 2013

Stinging nettle

I was hoeing the parts of the garden that don't really matter the other day, and decided I would replant the stinging nettle that were littered throughout it. If I can grow enough, I should be able to eat it. And I should be able to stew it in a bucket and make a tea that I can use for gardening purposes. These are all things that I've read about and forgot the details of. Still, plenty of time to worry about those details at later stage..

Here's my current stock of replanted stinging nettle:

2013-08-21 - Stinging nettle - 01 - Replanted weeds
Grab by the roots
There's some larger nettle around, but it's growing in front of sheds where pesticides and fuels may have spilt in the past. I think I'll stick with safe garden nettle. Thankfully it's been in there for a week or so now, and it's still green, so the transplanting doesn't appear to have done any harm.

No comments:

Post a Comment