Saturday 31 October 2015

Planting out an apricot seedling

Following internet instructions, which are sketchy at the best of times, I dug under the old existing apricot tree and found three apricot seeds.  I cracked them open, and only the one pictured below was intact and almond looking.

Apricot Seed, Unknown - 01 - 2014-01-16 - Seed From Existing Tree
Apricot kernel

I put this in a container and left it out exposed to the weather, watering sporadically.

Apricot Seed, Unknown - 01 - 2014-01-23 - Seed From Existing Tree
Apricot seedling

A year and a half later, I found the larger container it'd been transplanted into, extremely dry but the seedling looked alive.  So I planted it out in the windbreak, it's hard to see in the picture below, but it's center right beside the clump of grass and wiry.

2015-10-18 - 04
Apricot seedling planted out

No comments:

Post a Comment