Monday 4 June 2007

Skyr

As part of my dietary regine, I try and keep a given ratio of protein, carbohydrates and fat. This being high in protein is something I rely on to keep the protein part of that ratio. It saves me a lot of time, effort and money to be able to just grab a pottle out of the CCP fridge each morning.. well most mornings when it is in there.

It has a rather strong taste, a little bitter. I used to flavour it with honey and cinnamon, but I don't think that made much of an improvement. Now I kind of don't mind the flavour and eat it plain. I would also recommend cutting up bits of red pepper and scooping skyr out with them, they go nicely together, and the skyr then has a sour cream taste (but is much healthier).

2007-05-30 - CCP snacks - Skyr - 222

No comments:

Post a Comment