Tuesday 1 March 2011

Shanghai Museum

Ever been to People's Square? You walk past young couples who politely say hello and try and strike up a conversation, and as you respond continuing on, they from the distance behind you vainly try and continue it in order to get you to a tea ceremony scam. Moving along, you eventually reach the Shanghai Museum. It's free to enter.

But there's a reason for that.

2011-02-08 - Shanghai Museum - Too many pots

It's full of pots. They go on as far as the eye can see. And where there's no longer pots, there's calligraphy, and then there are seals. Not the cute kind the bounce balls, but turtle shaped ones that are dipped in ink to leave your mark. Now I find historical pots interesting, and I find calligraphy interesting, and I find seals interesting. However, once I've seen one I've seen them all and that leaves about three floors of five unique items duplicated many times.

Good for all the people who like this sort of thing. I only took the above photo because its dark and you're not allowed to have flash, and I expected to get some blurry mess out of my iPod Touch. Although, if I want to see a fancy pot, I'll go to Xi'an and see a cool soldier shaped one that will hold my limited attention span.

No comments:

Post a Comment