Sunday 22 May 2011

Health food snacks

I eat a pretty healthy breakfast I make out of various nutrients, and in order to source them I need to go to a health store for at least some of them. The store I went to in this case was called Helekang I think, although I may be remembering it wrong. While I was there, I bought some of their "healthy"-esque snacks.

There's not really much to say about these, besides documenting that I bought and tried them. Let's face it, fruit is just sugar, water and a bit of vitamin C. And dried fruit eventually tastes pretty generic after you get over the initial flavour detection.

Blueberries are supposed to be healthy, antioxidants and all that. These were okay, but not really substantial enough to be satisfying.

2011-04-04 - Health food store snack - 03 - Dried blueberries packet

2011-04-04 - Health food store snack - 04 - Dried blueberries

Freeze dried peach. Peach is reasonably popular in China as a flavour, but usually it is accompanied by extra sugar and maybe some sour tangy nastiness coating it. So these were a better peach experience than your average Chinese peach experience.

2011-04-04 - Health food store snack - 01 - Freeze dried peach packet

2011-04-04 - Health food store snack - 05 - Freeze dried peach

Freeze dried apple. Not as much flavour as a dehydrated apple, but okay.

2011-04-04 - Health food store snack - 02 - Freeze dried apple packet

2011-04-04 - Health food store snack - 06 - Freeze dried apple

I'm almost out of flaxseed so I'll be going in again soon, I'll have to see what other snacks they have available.

No comments:

Post a Comment