Monday 2 August 2010

Hotel room entertainment center

There's a large screen television in my hotel room, and a DVD player. For the first couple of weeks, I didn't pay them much attention. I watched the final movie in the Lord of the Rings trilogy on HBO and marveled at how bad the movie looked on the television screen, but that's about it.

However, a friend was round having dinner and pointed out that the DVD player had a USB slot. So we turned it on to experiment with it, and it started playing the movie Kick Ass. It turns out that someone who had the room before me had left the disc inside the player. As a pirated DVD, it was not a good advertisement for their quality. The music was too loud, and the voices were too quiet. Watching it was a constant exercise in both preventing my neighbours from listening in on the experience, and ensuring I could actually hear what was being said.

2010-08-01 - Legend Hotel - 01 - Tech

I've tried plugging a USB hard drive into it, but the player refused to accept it. The player also has a habit of freezing up mid-show, although three times out of ten it eventually recovers and seven times out of ten it just stays frozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment