Friday 24 December 2010

Marks and Spencer christmas cake

A good piece of christmas cake and a cup of tea are my favourite part of Christmas. What better way to celebrate whatever it was the pagans did that was covered up with whatever it is that Jesus was supposed to have done. Christmas cake however, is not easy to find in Shanghai. However, wandering around Marks and Spencer to buy some socks and check out western sized shoes, I caught sight of a stack of these and chucked one in my basket.

2010-12-04 - Marks and Spencer - 01 - Christmas Cake

It was okay. In my book, finding a good christmas cake is rare, so finding one that is edible with the help of the royal icing that it has to be partly comprised of is better than nothing.
2010-12-04 - Marks and Spencer - 02 - Christmas Cake Slice
I went back last weekend, but they were sold out and only had some bullshit tree cake or some such thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment